The protection of your personal data is important to us, and is also prescribed by law.
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the data protection regulations. The following overview will provide you with information on the most important aspects of the processing of personal data.
Entities responsible for the processing (controllers)
The following company is responsible for the processing of your personal data. If you have any data protection-related questions or queries, please contact:
HAHNBAUER Immobilientreuhand E.U.
office (a) hahnbauer.com
No data protection officer has been appointed, as this is not legally necessary.
What personal data do we process?
We will process the following personal data:
- master data such as name, title
- contact data such as postal address
- communications data such as email
- identity data
- credit rating data
- information concerning the business relationship
- information concerning the service delivery
- information connected with the real estate transaction, such as mortgage
- customer satisfaction information
- event participation
Please note: This is merely a general listing. We will not always have all of the aforementioned data. If you would like a detailed, individual listing, you have a right to information and you are entitled to request it from us. The person you need to contact can be found in the Section entitled, “What are my rights”?
What is the source of the personal data, which is processed?
The majority of the personal data that we process, will have been provided by you, such as when you make an inquiry about a particular property, or when you instruct us to broker a property on your behalf. In some cases you will have provided one of our partner companies, with your written consent, to transfer your personal data to us, because you are searching for a property.
In addition to that, the data may come from the other following sources:
- record of debtors – used in the mediation of rental housing, as protection for the landlord from a possible risk of a payment default
- Publicly accessible sources, such as the land register and the companies register
For what purpose and on what legal basis is personal data processed?
We are a real estate agency. We will therefore process your data for the purpose of real estate brokerage and valuation, for the acquisition and retention of customers, and for the improvement of our service quality.
What this means in detail:
- Processing for the performance of the contract: Depending on the type of contract we have with you, we can deliver certain services on your behalf. In the case of a sales contract, you are instructing us to find a buyer for your property. We will need your data for this purpose. Other types of contracts are: leasing contract, property valuation, property purchase or rental
- Pre-contract measures: We are in contact with you with the intention of concluding a contract with you in the near term. We will already have processed your data for the purpose of arranging the conclusion of contract.
- Legitimate interest
- Statutory bases
- Processing based on consent: Even if there is no contract, legal basis or legitimate interest, the processing of your data may nevertheless still be lawful if you have given us your consent. You can, of course, revoke this consent at any time.
Am I obliged to disclose my personal data? What happens if I do not want to do so?
We rely on a great deal of your personal data for the business relationship. If we do not have your name and address, we will not be able to send you any property offers for example. If we are unable to verify your identity, we are prohibited by law from entering into a business relationship with you. Therefore, it is clear that when a contract or a legal regulation makes it necessary for the business relationship, we are compelled to process your personal data. If you do not consent to this, it may be the case that we are unable to offer your certain products, or to deliver you certain services. If we are only permitted to process your data on the basis of your consent, you are not obliged to issue this consent or provide the relevant data.
Will my personal data be stored?
We will store and process your personal data only to the extent it is connected with the performance of the contract. It will only be transferred to the minimum necessary extent insofar as it is needed for the performance of the contract, or is necessary on the basis of a legal reason or if someone (a third party) involved in the execution of the business relationship has a legitimate interest to it.
Possible recipient are:
- our departments involved in the performance of the business relationship (such as IT, other administrative units) or companies belonging to the corporate group (such as for the implementation of joint projects);
- third parties involved in the performance of the business transaction (such as other agents, property management companies, private and public agencies which can provide or demand information concerning properties, insurance companies);
- our service providers (such as accountants, legal advisers)
- public authorities (tax office, other authorities)
- legal representatives (in the assertion or defence of claims, or as part of official procedures)
- firms operating as contracted processors (such as in connection with the maintenance of the IT infrastructure)
In no event will your data be transferred for advertising or other such purposes. Our employees and our service providers are bound to uphold confidentiality and to comply with the data protection regulations.
It is not proposed to transfer the data to a third country (outside the EU) or to any international organisation.
For how long will be data be stored?
Your personal data will only be stored for the period of time necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes in question. In addition, there are legal regulations stipulating the period for which we have to retain the data. These data retention obligations may also apply, even if you are no longer our customer.
If you have given your consent for us to process your data (in order to receive the newsletter for example), we will process your data until you revoke your consent.
Automated decision-making procedures (profiling) are not used.
How are cookies used, and what web analysis is performed?
Cookies: Cookies are used at various places on our website. Cookies are small text files that recognise users when they next visit the website. However, no personal data such as names and addresses is stored during this process. Therefore, the information in question cannot be used to identify you.
Web analysis: We use the Matomo analysis tool for the anonymised, statistical evaluation of the visitor traffic on our website and in our app. The data processed in this context encompasses the IP address (anonymised), the type of browser, plug-ins, device type and ID, the access country, the pages visited and landing pages, the history and duration of the visit and activities performed on the website. These data will be retained for 1 year.
What are my rights?
As a data subject, you are in principle entitled to the right to information, correction, erasure, limitation, objection and data portability.
If you wish to exercise your rights, please contact: (email@example.com)